Foundation Course in Leadership & Management for FY Doctors
All aspiring doctors are now expected to develop a thorough understanding and application of effective leadership & management principles. Whereas early post-medical school focus is often on acquisition of technical knowledge and skill, the astute Foundation Year Doctor appreciates that by commencing their leadership journey early, they gain an important career advantage and a greater number of opportunities to provide evidence of knowledge and skills acquisition in this area. This powerful course is designed to provide a significant foundation whilst recognising your career stage. Designed to give an insight into the Medical Leadership Competency Framework, jointly developed by The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges and the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement, it also provides you with clear guidance on how to go about developing those comptencies throughout your progression. The solid grounding will also be directly beneficial to your achievement ability from this point forward.
"Definitely worth it - improves knowledge and understanding. Easy to follow."
- The evolution of our health service into today's NHS
- The environmental drivers of healthcare reform
- Understanding Darzi - Our NHS, Our Future
- What will healthcare look like in 2, 5 and 10 years time?
- The role of the clinical leader in modern healthcare
- Aspiring to Excellence (Tooke Report 2008) - the leadership imperative
- Defining the key challenges facing doctors of today
- What will be expected of clinical leaders in coming years?
- Leadership Qualities Framework - how is this related?
- Core principles in leadership effectiveness
- Setting direction - the immediacy imperative
- Understanding the difference between leadership & management
- Defining your own leadership journey
- Demonstrating personal leadership in all that you do
- Gain insight into today's healthcare and the role doctors play
- Develop an understanding of the future landscape and how to best position yourself for it
- Appreciate the difference between leadership & management
- Understand the Medical Leadership Competency Framework
- Create a game plan to develop and demonstrate your leadership ability
- Gain invaluable insight into core leadership & management principles
- Achieve at a higher rate, especially through others
- Doctors - Junior
- Doctors - Middle
- Doctors - Senior
- Nurses - Junior
- Nurses - Middle
- Nurses - Senior
- Business & Administration - Junior
- Business & Administration - Middle
- Business & Administration - Senior
- Allied Pros - Junior
- Allied Pros - Middle
- Allied Pros - Senior